Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Saturday, September 3, 2011

A little history and the compulsories

This morning Alex and I trained legs, we ran it backwards, which we do every once in a while, starting with calves into hams, then quads, most of the time ending with squats, but not today, after training back the night before, the lower back wasn't having it. But we still had a sick leg workout with a sick pump!

Starting with donkeys, to lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiffs legged (this blow the lower back out), leg extension, walking lunges (35 dumbbells up and back x 2 100 yards) and ending with hack squats, I was pretty much done after that.

Bob O'Brien an old time bodybuilder from back when I did this 20 years ago, came by the gym to hit some poses with Alex and check out his progress, he too is getting ready to step out on stage after 20 years.

Bob had mentioned on a number of occasions remembering competing with me at 1991Gold's classic and I happened to have a link from a web site on my blog that has the placements from that show and sure enough, there he is and Chirs Pappas too another friend from the past... I decided to look at the other links on my blog, mainly my last competition the 1992 Mass States, my name was a hyperlink and it took me to my history from "92 to current, pretty cool... too bad I couldn't find from when I started in "85, but I'm happy to have this link... kind of cool to see such a jump from "92 to "09

Alex is 8 weeks out today and right on target weighing in this morning at 207. 2.5 pounds less then last Saturday..

Here are some compulsories we took after legs today... remember we just trained legs, they are filled with blood, you are not going to see much separation









He will keep everything the same another week

sizeBIGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment