Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Sunday, June 2, 2013

I can do this!


Memorial Day gave us the chance to hit chest earlier at, 10:30, and the gym was packed! We had the people that normal come in early and us the ones who train later. Luckily it was just Jon and I. I wanted to use the Smith machine; it's been a while since I've used it for benching. I like the contraction I'm able to get from it. We started with Inclines, then flats, and machine flies and dips finished off chest.

We used the crooked bar and did 5 sets of standing curls, changing the grip around, (closer and wider) same bar and then the same way on a preacher bench. Then same bar reverse grip, finishes off biceps and starts forearms. Wrists curls off the end of a bench finishes forearms, then some donkeys and rope crunches ends the workout!  



Deadliest Wednesday: I just worked my way up to 5 plates- 1-2-3-4-5 for a single. I was going to try for 6 plates, but I changed my mind at the last minute. Mentally I wasn't there and that's everything. Jon ripped one out and I think he could have got another one or two. Alex tried and I think he could have got it if he let go more. He's like me real strict to form, but sometimes you got to let go, but still be tight, don't be ugly and hurt yourself doing something with bad form. Sometimes when you are too strict, you sacrifice power

Donnie and I started back. I did wide grip pull downs and he did pull ups. Dumbbell rows and machine wide grip rows were next and reverse grip pull ups ended back. Dumbbell shrugs took care of traps and seated calves ends the workout!



Friday night finds all 5 of us. A quick buck up and it's Jon and I. The gym was not packed at all, but I think everyone was doing shoulders, so we ran it backwards, starting with upright rows, machine rear laterals, standing dumbbells front/side laterals and ending with standing barbell press.



Sunday morning was legs for me.  I trained solo. No footage of my workout. I decided not to bring the GoPro at the last minute, because just want to get in and get out with the biggest pump possible in the shortest amount of time.  I started with 2 exercises for calves, then 2 hams, then ending with Hacks, extensions and lunges.

Here are a few video’s Dave sent me of them training legs on Saturday. It's no GoPro, but it's all good!




Next Sunday I am are off on vacation for two weeks. My wife, daughter, son and I will be heading to Italy and Spain. Since I started training again in June 2007 after a 15 year hiatus, two weeks off will be the longest time away from the gym... I can do this!

Knowing this is your last week of training and you won’t be back for two whole weeks, you know this week is going to be a good one and not that they all aren’t good, but this one has a driving force behind it! One more week! 

sizeBIGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment