Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Sunday, December 12, 2010

What happened to Lateral pull downs?


My lats hurt more than usual, right up hi around the armpit, that little muscle that sits in the front, below the rear delt.

Lately we have been picking a number and doing that amount of reps, while increasing the weight until we fail.

Yesterday was 15, not sure what we were thinking…

And it went something like this… 

We started this time with reverse grip lat pull downs for 4 sets of 15 (I’ve never started with this movement) climbing down the stack of weights, 2 plates a time. This would be the reason why I’m extra sore in that muscle… awwwthe beauty of starting with a different movement every chance you can

Remember we have the most energy and strength doing our first movement, let’s not be selfish and not give all movements the chance to be first!

Wide grip bend over rows on the t-bar, 6 plates, 4 sets, 15 reps. here is where you’re saying, why 15 reps? (Here’s where I tell my Eveie, who reads my blog, but only the first and last part, she skips the workout, that I love her!) We ended on low rows, 3 sets of 15, climbing down the stack 2 at a time, totaling 165 reps, that’s a lot for only 3 movements, 165 reps! That would be why we forgot about Lap pull downs, we where toasted. 

Lap pull downs are a staple and should never be forgotten, you should always do them every workout. I can only imagine how much more sore my back would feel, if we did pull downs too, next time!

Standing shoulder presses at the squat rack. I staying out of this one giving my shoulder time off and just using the bar for 4 set of 15, while Cliff-lobster and The Animal ripped apart the weights, they just kept going up and up, banging out 15 reps, I could feel the pain!

We took on the machines next doing side raises and rear delts, keeping the 4 sets of 15 reps going… then Traps, 4 sets of 15 using a cable machine, ending with stomach, awesome workout!

Time for a protein drink!

size BIGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment