Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Friday, December 10, 2010

Not one, not two, but three!


Yes last night I beat my personal best on the dead-lift. We worked our way up to 5 plates each side (500lbs) and I was able to pull that for three reps, I’m pretty pump about that!

But before we even got to Dead-Lifts, we trashed our hamstrings doing 4 sets of lying down leg curls. You can really feel how much you use your hamstring while doing Dead-lifts, when you pre-exhaust your hams first. We ended with 2 more set of ¾ Dead lifts totaling 7 sets

After Dead lifts we pre-exhausted our quads with 4 sets of leg extensions, before we did 45 degree legs presses for 100 reps, 5 sets of 20 and we changed our feet position for each set, starting with feet together in the middle of the platform, to feet normal with toe pointed out, then toes point in, then feet high up on the platform wide open, then ending with feet normal stance straight on, at the bottom of the platform. Boy I tell you we only had 5 plates on each side, but you wouldn’t know that after that huge all around quad pump you got!

We even had a “cliff note” from the man himself who started them… “I apologize for the next guy who uses this legs press, I left my legs behind”

From there back to hams with 3 sets of stiff legged dead lifts, changing the feet position to toes in, toes straight on and ending with toes out.

For calves we did all three machines, the standing, the seated calf raise and the seated calf press. We each started on one of them and we rotated with each set doing 4 sets each

What can I say… another great workout!

Time for a protein drink!

size BIGGER!

No comments:

Post a Comment