Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Monday, January 18, 2010

Salt Water Carbs



Muscular Development Magazine conclusion part 3 “The final week contest preparation”.

We previously discussed about water and how cutting your water out before a contest seems kind of ridiculous and counterproductive, because if you are carbing up the last few days, cutting back on your water doesn’t do any good since the carbs need the water to fill you out.

Also the fact, that you can’t reduce water on the muscle (under the skin) without reducing water in the muscle (giving you fullness). This is your water balance that maintains a 70/30 ratio of water held in and on the muscle that doesn’t accept variation and immediately adjusts to keep the balance, so if you reduce water on the muscle you will reduce water in the muscle, causing you to become flat.

We previously discussed about salt and how it helps the carbs absorb the water and going zero sodium can make you flat and hold water under the skin. Your kidneys regulate the water excretion: the more sodium you take in the more water gets excreted and the less sodium you take in, the less water excretion etc., so why bother zeroing sodium out!

The bottom line is… get SHREDDED! If two weeks out you look incredible, then don’t change a thing, but if you do not have cross striations in your ass muscles, there is no magic trick that’s going to make them come in on the day of the show.

I’m off to LA with my cousin February 4th to the 8th to visit a friend and of course we are going to Muscle Beach to train! When I come back, it will be 12 weeks out from the Jay Cutler classic on May 2nd and though I’m not too fat, I’m going to start preparing for the show.

For the first 4 weeks, the plan is just eat what I eating now, which is pretty clean, but stop over eating, drinking alcohol and add 30 minutes of the Stairmaster at the end of my workouts and I will see where I am come 8 weeks out and make adjustment to my diet then if need be…

Normally starting a diet, I would cut out my sugars and just run off of complex carbs such as rice, potatoes and pasta, but I think for the first 4 weeks, I’m going to keep taking in the Weight Gainer drink I take, which has sugar.

I want to see what happens by just stopping drinking and over eating and adding cardio. I bet just by adding cardio and cleaning up my eating habits I can get ripped.

That’s my plan for now…

Time for a protein drink

No comments:

Post a Comment