Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Friday, January 15, 2010

Ham and Leggs for breakfast

Saturday morning is my Favorite time to work out, my energy is high and if I was good to myself the night before (not too much alcohol) I will have an incredible workout.

As mentioned in earlier posts, I decide to do hamstrings twice a week, once on Tuesday, legs day and the second time on Saturday starting with dead-lifts.

Let me tell you about dead-lifts, if done correctly you whole body gets worked and boy does the movement really hit your legs, your hams and glutes really take on a nice pump.

The other day while training legs, while doing lunges, my training partner told me that he could notice my hamstrings have grown, he could see a difference in the back of my legs while I was lunging.

Of course that made my night, I knew my legs have grown especially in the hams section, but to hear someone else tell me, well… you know what I mean…

I’d have to contribute this growth to the dead-lifts I am doing and doing correctly, not involving so much lower back, but really driving my hips up and forward, rather than making a circle with the bars as I come up

After 5 or 6 sets of DL, I move on to stiff legged dead-lifts to really open up the back of my legs, this give my hams a nice stretch and helps pop them out, from there I’m onto a leg curl machine, one that I didn’t do on Tuesday, and ending off at the calf machine. I like to hit calves when I training my hams, this really polishes the back of your legs off.

The only muscles that weren't hit directly during the week that still need to be worked out are triceps, and I always mix them up, the most important thing to remember about triceps is hitting all three angles. What I mean by that is the position of your elbows.

Elbow or should I say your arm over your head, I believe they called this a French curl years ago, that’s what I refer to as a full stretch, then you have your elbow at mid range, where your elbow is half way between over your head and beside your torso, like doing lying down extensions or skull crushers as some call it and lastly is full contraction where your elbow is by your torso and you are able to fully squeeze your triceps, like on a cable push down, or a dip… again I like to mix these up and start with different angles, depending on how I feel.

That’s my Saturday morning breakfast: Hamstrings, Calves and Triceps

Time for a protein drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment