Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Monday, January 25, 2010

Saturday morning quickies

On Saturday, I get to sleep a little longer than during the week, have my 2 cups of coffee, then into the shower for a TBS (total body shave); it takes about 20 minutes, including my head. I grab a Carbo Force with 2 scoops of whey for before the workout and a weight gainer drink with 1 scoop added whey to make it 50 grams of protein, for after, then out the door off to the gym. Today’s going to be deadlifts, hamstrings, calves and triceps.

Deadlifts were on my mind for a few days now, having torn my left hamstring last week doing waking lunges, I missed a deadlifting last Saturday, so I was really anxious to pull and pull big.

I started on the stairs to put blood in my legs; 4 minutes on level 15 did the trick. 5 plates was on my mind. I Started with 1 plate for 5 times, real slow and correct, as if it were heavy, then 2 plates for 5 reps, then 3 for 5 reps, then 4 for 1, 5 for 1, then ending back down with 4 plates for 5 reps. Man what a leg pump, especially my ass, hams and inner thighs, just where I need it. “Deadlifts where have you been all my life”

Pull 2 more plates off, leaving 2 on each side, then right into stiff legged deadlifts for 4 sets. These are so nice when done second to deadlifts. Then lying down legs curls, alternating from left to right as if I were doing one arm dumbbell curls. I like doing them this way on occasion because this really help isolate your hams making sure they get worked evenly. At this point my hams are so pumped, they are taking on a new life back there. End my leg damage with calves, starting on the standing calf machine, going from a full hang down stretch, to a full-on tippy toes contraction, you can’t go as heavy, but I like to do these once in a while, to really get that full range pump, finishing with 4 sets of seated raises

My buddy Chris Pappas was around and I don’t always have the opportunity to chat with him, so I worked my triceps around him, so we could talk in between sets; Pushdowns start the triceps damage for today with 5 sets. Then I like to grab a short straight bar holding it behind my head with one hand, so the bar is straight up and down hanging behind me. I’ll do over head triceps extensions, going from arm to arm for 3 sets in a row before resting, rep range goes from 10 to 8 to 6; I’ll do this 3 times, then off to the bench for skull crushers for 4 sets and the damage was done for today.

Ended on a bench chatting with my buddy, causing him to lose his pump (SMILE)

The breakdown;
6 sets Dead Lifts
4 sets Stiff legs
4 sets lying leg curls
5 sets standing calf raises
4 sets seated calves raises
5 sets triceps pushdowns
4 sets head over triceps extensions
4 sets skull crushers
20 minutes good conversation with buddy….priceless

Saturday morning quickies got to love them…

Time for a protein drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment