Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Flexing and holding poses

We all know the importance of stretching, but do not forget about flexing and holding poses.

Flexing and holding poses not only helps to shape your muscles, but they also help you develop muscle control and this is important in muscle development. As I’ve said before, the more muscle you can flex (control), the more muscle you will have.

Squeezing and flexing muscles help you get in touch with them. Helping your mind control the muscle better will make them grow faster

Do you ever notice the guy who always shows you his same arm every time he shows off his bicep? If you were to ask him why he always shows that same arm, he will most likely say “because it’s the bigger/better of the two”. Did you ever stop to think that the reason why it is the bigger/better of the two is because he is always flexing it?

Holding poses helps in muscle development. I’ve notice a big improvement in my leg development over the last 6 months from constantly flexing, squeezing and posing them. Holding compulsory poses most definitely shapes you and that shaping is muscle development or muscle growth.

I do most of my leg posing and flexing in the shower, when my muscles are warm, in between sets during workouts and in the sauna.

I run through the compulsory poses with my legs, holding each for a few seconds, then switching to another angle, going from front to side to back, while squeezing my abdominals, pressing my hands on my thighs while doing a most muscular pose with my upper body.

Another flex I like to do that has really developed my hamstrings is that I will stand with my back facing a wall, while holding a broom stick for balance, I’ll will have one foot on the wall so that my leg is bent at a 45 degree angle and I’ll press back flexing and squeezing my hams until they cramp up, I’ll then stretch out the cramp and repeat. Eventually the cramping will stop. This will help you get in touch with your hamstrings and they will grow

If you are serious about bodybuilding, competitive or not, learn the 8 compulsory poses and do them often. These poses will shape you and aid in muscle development, trust me

1. Quarter Turns

2. Front Double Biceps

3. Rear Double Biceps

4. Front Lat Spread

5. Rear Lat Spread

6. Side Triceps

7. Side Chest

8. Front Abdominals & Thigh

Time for a protein drink

No comments:

Post a Comment