Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Friday, November 6, 2009

Squat and Leg press Video

6:30am weigh- 208.4

As the weight still continues to climb with each passing workout, the muscles start to hold more carbohydrates and water due to the simulation from the weight training, the breaking down of the muscle is causing them to hold water and carbs again.

Remember I squeezed them out, like you would squeeze water out of a towel and now by training and giving them a reason to reach for and hold carbs and water, they are growing again and fast too, fast because they are returning to how they were

I started preparing for the show weighing 215 (8-10% body fat) when I get back to 215next week sometime, I won’t have over 5%bf, do you see what I just did to myself… I have grown…

You always grow after a competition. At this point I’m thinking that 8-10% bf weight should come in around 218-220, I’ll take a 3 pound lean body mass any day

Great leg work out last night, I started with 6 sets of squats and 5 sets of leg presses. I was able to get my training partner to video tape a set of each exercise to give you an idea of how I train. I was on my 5th set on the squats before coming down for the last and lighter set.

I like to do the last set lighter just to do that movement one more time, to try and get just a little more blood into the muscles. Form is ok here, I could have put the bar a little lower on my back which would help me to not lean over too much when passing parallel.

I usually only squat to parallel, but I think I need to start passing parallel to involve more legs and get the hamstrings to come in more. You want to at least have your hip joint pass your knee joint, but always make sure your legs end up at least parallel to the ground.

On the leg press video, this was my last set of 5, I didn’t do a lighter set, my legs had so much blood in them at that point, I didn’t feel the need and my lower back was screaming at me to stop, dead-lifts on Monday didn’t help…

Once I get use to doing dead-lifts again, my lower back should stop yelling at me, besides I got 15 reps with 11 plates (can’t get anymore on) going lighter for one more set, would not have gotten anymore blood into my legs

From there it was more movement from extensions to curls to hip flexor movements. I tried not to do the same leg curls machines as on Monday when I hit hamstrings.

I did end the workout on the calf machine even though they were still sore from posing, but the soreness was more so in my tendons then muscle, so it felt good to get a nice full calf pump…

Time for a protein drink


No comments:

Post a Comment