Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Thursday, November 5, 2009

It all about the legs


6:30am weigh-in 207.4

Legs today gone tomorrow, yes tonight is legs and I can’t get to the gym fast enough, I can’t wait to squat my ass off, it’s been a couple of weeks

You really don’t want to squat the week of a contest, squats can take away your lines if done with too much intensity (is there any other way)

Last nights Chest and Triceps work out was just as I imagined… awesome huge pump with tons of energy (I love eating carbs) it is really the first time in two weeks as well, I’ve really got to train heavy, in fact that’s how this whole weeks going to be.

The week prior to competition, I was just doing a bunch of supersets running in-between exercises just to get a total body pump, not ever really hitting one muscle group and breaking it down completely as I normally would

With every passing work out, my body will slowly climb back up weight wise. I’m stimulating my muscles to hold more water again, filling them up with carbohydrates.

You can eat all the carbohydrates and drink all the water you want, but until you start training your muscles and breaking them down, they will not hold any water and fill out. They need a reason to grow and the gym (your training) is that reason

Notice how my weight is starting to climb faster after two workouts… nothing has changed since the weekend as far as how much I’m eating (a lot) except working out on Monday and yesterday and by the end of the week, once I’ve trained the whole body, I will weigh around 210, which is a 10 pound increase in one week. I am still just as lean as the day of the show, only now I’m much more filled out

Let’s start with squats tonight for 7 sets, then leg presses for 4-5 sets and the 3rd exercise is up for grabs, we will see what Rod wants to hit… definitely 3 pressing movements, before moving onto Hams and ending with Ass and Calves

When the damage is done, the legs will be gone and I will be happy!

Time for a protein drink

No comments:

Post a Comment