Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Sunday, November 1, 2009

2009 NPC New England’s contest day

Eveie dropped me off at 8:30am, I checked in, got weighed (197.4), and received my number 51, which I lost within an hour…

They decided to run things a little backwards, having the men’s bodybuilding before the fitness and figure competition, which caught a lot of us off guard.

Shortly after the event started I decided to go backstage to stretch and warm up. As soon as I put my bag down, I hear “masters get ready” WHAT… I basically stripped down, put some posing lotion on, grabbed a few push-ups and without really having a pump, I was on stage competing in the over 35 division.

I won the heavy weight over 35 class, because I was the only person in that class. They put me in with the 3 contestants in the lightweight class so I could at least have a pose down. The over 35 class had 2 divisions, lightweight and heavyweight.

Then it was time for the open, I was able to get a better pump, but everything was still moving really fast.

I was the first one out leading the line of seven, we hit our compulsory poses and they moved some people to the middle, I wasn’t one of them. They moved more people, I wasn’t one of them. Then they moved people one more time and again, I wasn’t one of them. Each time a move was made we would hit more poses to compare.

They then asked 3 guys to step off the stage which left 4 of us. We hit a front double bicep and they moved me into the middle, well from 4th spot over to the 2nd spot over (kind of the middle) they were now comparing me with the other 3 and trying to decide who was taking 4th place and 5th place

I didn’t place in the open lightheavy weight class, which kind of shocked me because looking at the other guys, I was in much better condition. Oh well, it is what it is and there is always next year!

I think it’s my legs that hold me back. They have grown a lot in the last 2 years, but they still lack the thickness to match my upper body. They were completely separated in a way they have never been and are bigger then ever, but they still need to be bigger and thicker

As I mentioned in my last post, I am already a winner, after not touching a weight for over 15 years (back only 2.5 years) and to bring myself to this condition, which is the best condition of my life, at 44; it is an incredible wonderful feeling!

Time to do some growing before the Jay Cutler Classic May 2nd 2010. I’m planning on packing on some pounds this winter, I’m going to see how heavy I can get and maintain a 34” pants waist ( I don’t want to buy new work clothes) I’m thinking around 235’ish and at 5’10” I should be able to carry that weight well.

I believe the only way I’m going to get thick legs is to put on some weight, which at a heaver weight you are able to lift heavier and the more weight you can lift, the bigger you can become (giving your muscle a reason to grow bigger)

I want to thank everyone for their support and interest in the world of bodybuilding; you made my road to competition a wonderful experience

Time to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment