Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Friday, October 2, 2009

29 days out from competition

6:30am weigh-in 208.6/208 (shit happens)

Now everything is starting to settle down in terms of my body weight. I’m slowly coming down a little at a time, which is what I want to do. Slowly eating away the little fat that’s left and controlling my water and thinning my skin each day with each workout.

It takes about two weeks before you start to run off straight complex carb (liver stored carb) which is what you want to do to control your water.

By not eating all other carbs, you will start to run on just complex carbs that are stored in the liver first, before they are used as energy (blood sugar).

Picture a glass filled with water (stored carbs) and as it starts to over flow, that’s your energy (blood sugar) by keeping that glass full you maintain full muscle bellies and burn fat efficiently.

All I’m looking to do is burn the reminding fat, by keeping my muscles full, so they work at full capacity to burn fat and controlling my water, so I can clearly see where I’m at.

Next week I will start to lower my carbs on some days, just to flatten out a little and force my body to get rid of the reminding fat.

I find when your body gets down around 6% body fat, it doesn’t want to give the rest up, and you need to force it. How I’m am to do this, is by fooling the body to think it’s getting a lot of food, by eating every two hours instead of 2.5 hours. I'll add another protein meal and removing a couple of carbs meals.

In a sense, I’m keeping my caloric intake the same, but shifting the % around to more like 60% protein 32% carbs and 8% fat… Calories are the same, but I’m lower my carbs a little more, to start to make my body reach for more fat storage, but not too much, that I eat away muscle.

Remember fat burns more efficiently with carbohydrates present, they burn 50-5o and without carbs in your blood, you will most likely eat away at your muscle and not burn fat efficiently.

Remember fat is the last thing your body wants to lose, it protects all of your vital organs.

Tonight’s damage will be Back and Shoulder!

Time for a protein drink

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work...When you shift the % around how do you maintain the same energy with regards to your carb intake...Gene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gene and that’s a good question.
    You have to remember that we get our energy from calories and we get calories from Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats.
    Carbohydrates are the best used for energy. Proteins are used to rebuild muscle tissue, but can be used for energy too and fats are good for a lot of things, from healthy skin to healthy organs, to full muscle grow potential and of course can be used for energy (not my choice)
    The trick to maintaining your energy and size is to maintain your caloric intake. Will my muscles flatting out, possibly, I don’t know yet. I don’t know as of yet, what my least amount of carbohydrate intake is needed, to give me the fullest muscles possible with out spilling over. I’m working to find out. I’m working to find out how much carbs I need to take in, to not flatten out and not spilled over.
    What I do is slowing replace carbohydrates calories with protein calories (to maintain caloric intake) to maintain body weight… remember your muscles are like sponges that hold water by way of carbohydrates… if I flatting out my muscles, by carb depleting, as long as I keep my calories the same, I will maintain body weight and keep muscle size and then I will adjust the % to bring back the fullness.
    There will come to a point where I can’t eat enough protein to maintain my caloric in take, if I take my carbs too low and if and when I do that, I will then be carb depleting and most liking increase my fat intake (good fats Omega 3) to maintain my caloric intake and keep my size.

    If I do decide to deplete, it will be the first 3 days of the week of the show. I don’t know yet, I may just maintain what I have now and just get tighter through carb manipulation, but never completely deplete.
    I’ve done this before and it worked out great, I came into the show full and hard and won my class, but not the over all.
    Hope this help you understand a little more
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- who knew there was so much chemistry involved in being a musclehead! I'm joking of course.....Fascinating and very informative. Keep up the good work!
    -Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Greg, it can be…

    It’s all about thinning your skin; so that it’s transparent (removing fat and water from under it) and making sure your muscle are carbed up as must as possible without spilling over.
    First you rid the fat, and then you manipulate your water.

    ReplyDelete