Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Wednesday, October 7, 2009

24 days out from competition - 0 carb day

6:30am weigh-in 206

Legs today gone tomorrow

I actually started writing this blog last night. I can’t get “legs day” out of my mind. In fact, I started thinking about legs right after Monday night’s workout.

I keep roll playing my workout in my head, thinking about squatting my ass off and getting a sick pump, and when it’s all said and done, my legs are gone, completely wasted.

The next day the legs just have that numbing feeling and you feel so accomplished and during my working out, I can’t even walk normal my legs are so pumped and that's just from squatting, I haven’t even gotten to hack squats yet or leg press or front squat (any of those 3 would be my 2 second movement)

Then onto walking lunges for #3, if you really want to shape your legs, build thickness and tie everything in (glutes and hams), add walking lunges to your routine, trust me.

#4 is squeezing my quads on the leg extension machine, starting with both legs to warm up, then onto singles, one after the other, left to right to left to right, like if you were doing dumbbell curls, talk about a blood pump burn!

There’s nothing like squeezing blood filled quads until you can feel them again, it’s like your squeezing the blood out of them, but at the same time changing the blood pump to a burn.

Then hamstrings, where when lying down on the legs curl machine, your quads have so much blood in them, that it lifts you even high off the pad, causing an even more stretch on your ham and with every curl, your quads burn, because your stretching them every time you curl your hams and your hams cramp with every rep, but only to stretch out when the weight is lowered…. Oh I can’t wait for tomorrow...

And of course my new found favorite exercise (thanks to Kai Greene) where you get down on all 4’s behind the leg curl machine. (So the machine is behind you) Put one foot on the pad where your ankle would go if you were in the machine doing leg curls. You then push on the pad backwards using your ass like a kick back… talk about burn.

Not too long ago I pulled my left groan muscle (still not 100%)and I still had to go to the gym to train legs when legs day came. I tried to squat just with the bar, no go. (I should have figured, seeing it hurt just to get out of the car) I tried pressing, it hurt less and was able to do one set with a very light weight (3 plate aside), but wasn’t getting a pump at all in my left leg, so I stopped.

I was determined to get an even pump on something. I tried lying down and standing curls, no go… forgot to mention I also pulled (at the sometime) the muscle behind your knee that works for pivoting movements.

Finally I tried the ass movement exercise (Kai Greene's) and although I could feel the back of my knee pain, all the pressure was on my glutes. Never in my life time have I ever got just a ass pump, this was the weirdest feeling to have nothing else pumped but my ass… so I know first hand this exercise really hits your glutes

A whole day of eating carbs, yet the body weight stayed the same, this tells me my game plan is working, coming down a little, then leveling off

After today’s no carb workout, I should come down another ½ a pound or more and then level off again the following day…

I still need to bring my hams in more. I may need to go zero carbs longer and really force my body to rid these few pounds of fat.

At this point, I’m not worried about losing size, I can always eat myself big again (which is the plan) the leaner I get and the more flat I make the muscles (from this point on) the more POP they will have when I eat my ass off 48 hours before the show… I need to get more ripped

I’ll know more by Saturday

Time for a protein drink

1 comment: