Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Tuesday, October 6, 2009

25 days out from competiton

6:30am weigh-in 206

Zero carbohydrates all day yesterday total calories 1600 (400 grams of protein) and my weight only dropped .06 pound for the morning before and I trained Chest and Arms last night.

My BF (the mirror) tells me I'm tighter and dryer (legs have deeper cuts) then I was at “28 days out” weighing 206.2 (pretty much weighing the same) so my water is shifting the way I want.

I am a little of the flat side (not as big and hard) but you need to give this up until all your fat is gone, I don’t have too much time left. (Remember I can carb up in 48 hours by engorging myself with carbs)

I want to make a correction on yesterdays post (already corrected on post). I use the wrong terminology. I meant, I wanted to put my body into “survival mode” and what I said was “starvation mode”.

In “starvation mode” everything slows down i.e.: your metabolism and a lot people do this when the go long periods in between eating. This is not what you want to do.
In "survival mode" I’m eating all day long, but my calories are low and not quite enough for a day’s energy.

This heightens all your sensors and causes your brain (the ultimate survivor) to burn what it needs to survive and since I wasn’t taking in carbs for the day, my body reaches into my stored liver carbs and uses them for energy, thus burning fat during my workout last night and I can notice a difference in just one day

Training last night was good, I got a nice pump, my skin looked great, deep cuts, very vascular. I had plenty of energy, rest was minimal (30-45 sec in between sets), but my strength wasn’t all there, having only eaten 1600 calories.

From this point on, I’m not looking to go heavy as much as getting a pump, with less rest and more reps

The damage was as follows…

Flat bench 185/4 sets/15 reps (8reps last set)
Inclines smith machine 185/4sets
Incline flies/ 4sets
Machine flies/ 4sets

Onto Triceps;
Close grip benching (smith machine)/ 4sets
Skull crushers/ 4sets
Pushdowns superset with overhead/ 4sets

Onto Biceps;
Dumbbell curls/ 4sets
One arm preacher curls/4sets
Barbell reverse curls/4sets
Wrist curls off the end of the bench both ways/4set
I end every workout with 3 sets of stomach crunches or 3 sets of leg lifts

Now today I'm going back to eating as I would on a none workout day, which is as follows

7:30am- 50 grams protein (200 calories)
9:30am- 50 grams protein/200 calories in carbs (400 calories)
12:00pm- 50 grams protein/200 calories in carbs (400 calories)
2:30pm- 50 grams protein/200 calories in carbs (400 calories)
5:00pm- 50 grams protein/200 calories in carbs (400 calories)
7:30pm- 50 grams protein/200 calories in carbs (400 calories)
10:00pm- 50 grams protein/200 calories in carbs (400 calories)

On a normal training day there would be an extra 25grams of protein and 100 calories of carbs post workout

Time for a protein drink

1 comment: