Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Saturday, September 26, 2009

35 days out from competition

6:30am weigh-in 207.8
With less then a week of eating clean I’ve dropped 5.8 pounds. This is mainly water held by extra carbs and sodium and beer.
I have lost some fat, maybe about a pound. I didn’t have much fat to start with and because of that I can see my body composition change fast. Let’s see what tomorrow brings after training back and shoulders today. I’m still going to stick to plan and hold back until Monday before I increase my calories.

10am starts with pull-ups and chin-ups to failure, switching from one to the other with each set. From there, off to bend-over rows on a bench for a better stretch, on the smith machine, climbing up to 225. Follow by 4 sets of one arm dumbbell rows with 90’s and finishing back with close grip pull downs for 4 sets.

There is something to be said for the basic compound movements, they really should be staples in your regular training routine for building thickness and great shape to your muscle bellies.

Still dealing with right shoulder pain, I had to start out light and work my way up on the shoulder press machine to 120 pounds, sitting in it reverse facing the backrest. Then reverse grip shoulder press for 4 more set. This really hits the front delts hard. I stayed with machines from there, onto side laterals, rear laterals, then to upright rows for 4 set with the quarters and ending at 80 pound dumbbell shrugs for 4 set.

Great workout, I’m sitting here typing and fighting lat cramps at the same time (both sides) got to love it!

Tomorrow I’m shooting the rest of that video with my friend Jerry for his new album release titled leave me alone and it can be heard here. http://www.myspace.com/jerryvelona
Jerry's website is http://www.jerryvelona.com/, pay him a visit, good stuff here!

Time for a protein drink

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to check out the video tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete