Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Tuesday, September 29, 2009

32 days out from competition

6:30am weigh-in 210.2

Nothing like losing fat and building muscle at the same time, as my weight starts to slowly climb back up again.

There is something to be said for eating clean and training hard. I can clearly see in the mirror how my skin is getting thinner and the muscles are looking fuller. It’s great when everything starts to come together.

I do think that after last night’s workout, tomorrows weigh-in will be less then today, but we shall see.

I’m still going to keep everything the same as far as my caloric intake, staying at 2700 calories a day, 52% protein, 40% carbs and 8% fat.

I’m not concerned with how much I weigh, as how I look. With enough time, I could make this weight my contest weight. But 5 weeks isn’t enough time, maybe 15 could be, if you know what I mean.

The trick for competition, is to have your muscles hold as much water as possible without spilling over (water on top of the muscle) Now we all know that sodium holds water on top of the muscle and potassium holds the water in the muscle, these are our electrolytes, they balance our water.

But also carbohydrates will do the same. Not only do they hold water in the muscle as Glycogen (storage form of glucose, carbohydrate blood sugar, for muscle contraction) if you eat too much you will “spill over” causing water to sit on the muscle hiding your definition.

At this point in the game, I need not worry about spilling over, as this can be corrected in less then 48 hours. What I want to do (for me) is to eat just enough carbs where I’m burning fat and maintaining full muscle bellies, as my skin becomes thinner… This tells me I’m not over eating my carbohydrates and I’m forcing the body to shred its fat and also giving me as much energy as possible to train intensely

Time for a protein drink

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you this time. You are putting it all together. What an incredible package!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo....and Happiest birthday wishes to my one and only...he's all that...forever mine...

    ReplyDelete