Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Monday, May 20, 2013

Some comic relief


Monday night Alex came up with a great idea, to use pieces of paper with numbers on them counting to 4, evens one team, odds the other. Before this, we would sometimes buck up a half dozen to a dozen times before we created teams; it would become very comical.

Donnie and I this time around, we started with flat bench. He’s one strong mother, working his way up to 365. I went to 275. From there came incline dumbbells. I think he ended with 125’s. Incline dumbbell flies, machine flies (changing the grip around each set) and ending chest with dumbbell pullovers. Biceps went: crooked bar standing curls, seated preacher curls (same bar) and bent over one arms (Arnold's style). Straight bar off the end of the bench for wrist curls and reverse wrist curls ends forearms.



We ditched the little pieces of paper to pick teams and went back to bucking up. We could use a little comic relief. This time it only took two attempts and it was Donnie and I again.

Back and Traps: I'm a stronger puller than a pushers, so I was able to hold my own with the big weights Donnie throws around.

Dead lifts were on the menu this week for back and I broke my only personal record once again: 5 plates for 5 reps! This has been my goal ever since the first time I got 5 plates for 2 reps, which was about a year ago. I think dead lifting every other week made the difference and gave me the strength to reach my goal. Also the fact that I'm learning how to relax more and slow down while doing the set, instead of getting excited and trying to rush through it which seems to exhaust me more.

From there, seated dumbbell shrugs, wide grip pull downs, barbell bent over rows, close grip rows on the free weight machine and ending with close grip pull downs. Great back workout! Really got a lot of blood pumping throughout my whole back!




Shoulders: there were three of us. We used the preacher curl bench to do dumbbell shoulder presses. Then onto some uprights and machine side and rear laterals for a nice quick pump!

I wanted to give my elbow a rest and suggested sticking to cable work. We did four exercises, going back and forth between two for 4 sets. Behind the neck (french curl) with a rope and straight bar reverse grip push downs, then push downs with a rope and bent forward over the head push-outs.




Saturday 10am comes early when you just trained your ass off the night before. We all stay together on legs. We started with seated calves and then donkeys, lying down leg curls, seated leg curls, leg extensions, leg presses where we went 4/6/8/10 plates for 3 sets. We made a “bragging rights challenge” to see who could do the most reps combining all 3 sets of 10 plates. The deal was not to count, but give it all you got for all 3 sets and not to set a number in your head. We let the video tape do the counting. Alex won 76 total reps. After that my legs were pumped jack!  From there old school hacks, (had to do them again) then we ended on stiff legs



sizeBIGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment