Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Thursday, April 18, 2013

Stick to plan


Monday night, chest and biceps and it felt like old times again. Minimal rest, heart racing, working up a sweat, fighting hard on each set just to get enough reps, as the weight goes up and the pump increases and you get deeper and deeper into the muscle.

It’s 5:15 and there were five of us, one, two, three...shoot, we all throw in one or two fingers. It’s Jon Dave and me on one team and Alex and Donnie on the other.

We ran side by side through flat bench, incline dumbbell, incline flies, flat flies and dumbbell pullovers

For Biceps, we started with preacher curls and they started with incline dumbbell curls (haven't done them in years) then we switched and ended over on the donkeys for calves

Nice and fast, huge pump! Couldn't ask for more!


Wednesday Dead lift, it was time! (Back and Traps too)

No show from Slim, down to 4 of us.

After we decided it would be a good idea to just stay together doing dead lifts, we chose to finish the whole work out that way. The thing about Back, because it’s usually high rep movements, you can still get a really nice pump with 4 deep, as long as you keep moving.

I broke a personal record last night dead lifting 550. I had it on my mind all day and it went as planned. 1 plate for 5 reps, 2 plates for 5, 3 plates for 5, 4 plates for 5, 5 plates for 3 and 5 plates and a quarter for 1.

I tried this weight before a few months back and I couldn't even get it off the floor. I knew after having a few weeks off from dead lifting this was going to be my chance. I knew if I could get it off the floor, I would be able to close out my hips and stand up and I did!

Traps for 5 sets, Lat pull downs, machine free weighted bent over rows, low rows (camera dies here) and reverse grip pull downs destroys the rest of the back.

Wrist curls, the hand gripper and seated calves, we circled around them non stop for 4 sets

Check out the the angles!









sizeBIGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment