Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Saturday, July 28, 2012

2012 Masters Nationals

9th out of 30 in the over 40 heavyweights; What a big show! All the weight classes were big!


First they split us up into four groups; I was in the last one. We stepped out on stage and hit our poses and where then winged off onto the sides of the stage in four lines, two on each side. First call out was only four numbers and they ran through their poses; then they were dismissed and done. Then they called out the next six numbers and I was the 5th one called. I knew I was top 10 but I also knew I wasn't top five when the had me switch places with the guy on my left, who was on the end, after we hit a few poses. After prejudging, my family and I went out and I had beers, pulled pork, slaw... I didn't care how I would look for the night show, which was smoother.

I am very happy with this placement. Being in the top 10 for two years in a row, is something to be happy about. Of course, if I nailed my condition, regardless if I still took 9th I would be much happier. But I have grown in a lot of places and even though I didn't come in at my best, I've brought myself to a new level in size and condition and that whats it's really all about, growing and improving

I've grown a lot since my last show where I weighed 207. This time I stepped on the stage at 215 and I was pretty ripped at 2%, I could have been fuller which would have made me harder looking and even more lean. When you are properly carbed up and ripped, you look even more ripped.


The question I have is, why do I need to get fat and eat myself up to 240 to grow? Why can't I do that by just eating in excess? Why do I need to eat fat, when the carbs not used will turn to fat? Where does the fat go first? Into the muscle (where you want it)? or on the muscles where you don't?


I have no cravings at all, for any type of junk food, I would much rather over eat clean fat free foods. Don't get me wrong, when in Rome I will eat like the Romans. It's not that. I'm not dieting for a contest. I just don't care to eat junk food, I have no interest in it, even if it is in the house... and I have a 10 year old living in my house, so trust me, it's there if I wanted it!


I am a firm believer, if you are craving something fattening, like cakes, chips, cookies, pizza,  hamburgers, fries, peanut butter, you are not eating enough food. Yes I said peanut butter is junk food, and you can tell yourself what you want, you will not get abs to show off, if you eat peanut butter, its high in fat and low in protein, low quality too. I would not use it for a staple in my diet

220 under 5% bf

sizeBIGGER

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! good content. Thanks to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great contest, I'm taking this year off from competing coming back in 2014 to try and place top 5

      Delete