Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Arnold does 5

I just finish the book, Education of a bodybuilder by Arnold, it's a book about Arnold growing up and being different, because of his love for bodybuilding and I can relate to that.

Bodybuilding or even weight training wasn't that popular when I was younger. I remember in high school, a lot times, I was the only one in the gym during break time. I trained at Mike's gym in Cambridge (the first Mike's, in the back, by the tracks, off of mass ave, which is no longer there) I was 15, the youngest one there. I would ride my bike from Cambridge Port (Pearl st) to North Cambridge, just about everyday until I got my permit at 15 an a half. Even when I was competing in my early 20's, I would be at a restaurant and if I asked for no butter or sauce, I was looked at like I had 4 heads

What I got from this book was, remembering the way I use to train when I was younger, like doing 5 sets on everything, a couple of warm up's, then 3 good working sets and how I did certain movement, like dropping your head off a bench when doing triceps extensions, little things like that, or bringing the barbell just over your nipples when you bench. You kind of forget these little things and they make such a big difference


The Hawk has landed, so it was back to three of us. We started with 5 sets of seated calf presses (we are going start with calves every workout now for a while), then flat bench, then incline bench, then flat dumbbell flies where we dropped the dumbbells really low on the stretching, so that your rear delts wrap around the bench as you stretch, then coming up 10" apart at the top.

Skull crusher with our head hanging off the end of the bench, still bringing the bar to the forehead and when contracting, not pressing the weight above your chest, but keeping it behind the head

French curls leaning against a preacher bench. These are so nice, because after doing skull crusher all you feel like doing is stretching your triceps, because they are so pump, this does that for you and adds another level to the pump. Standing Triceps push downs completes everything giving you that hard full contraction, just what the doctor ordered

We ended doing 5 sets of wrist curls and some abs, we are going to end every workout with this for now... I need forearms as much as I need calves!

The break down

Seated calf press/5sets
Flat Bench/5sets
Inclines Bench/5sets
Flat flies/5sets
Skull crushers/5sets
French curls/5sets
Pushdowns5/set
Wrist curls/5sets
Abs

Time for a protein drink!

size BIGGER!

No comments:

Post a Comment