Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Thursday, December 2, 2010

I never count, except when I do…

Today boys and girls it’s all about the number 6

Alex aka Cliff is in Philly doing his thing with work, but we had a replacement guy named Scott keeping the attack group at four. I like four when doing legs; it’s just enough rest time to make it work.

As I’ve mentioned in the past, I don’t count, but rather go to failure and really feeling the muscle. I believe by counting you are stopping at that number and that number may not be your failing point. But when I do count, like we did last night, I pick a number and climb up with the weights as heavy as I can shooting for that number. I only do this on the first few movements which are compound movements involving more then one muscle group, usually a big muscle and a small one or two

And it went something like this…

7 sets of squats start with 135 for 6 reps
135/6 - 185/6 - 225/6 - 275/6 - 315/6 - 365/6 (for two sets) - 405/6 (only John aka Animal) … now you know why we call him this….

6 sets of Hack squats
135/6 -225/6 - 315/6 - 405/6 - 495/6 - 585/6, we kept climbing up until we found a weight Animal couldn’t get 6 without help

We stop counting for the rest…  

4 sets Leg extensions
4 sets stiff legged dead lifts
6 sets legs curls, 3 on the standing and 3 on the lying down
Finishing up with Calves, 6 sets seated press two different machines and 4 sets seated calf raises

Just when you think you can’t do anything different to shock your legs into soreness…you do!
I know because my legs are trashed today, I can only imagine how bad Scott’s legs feel, seeing he entered a whole new world of training legs to failure and a whole new level of pain!

Big thumbs up to Scott for hanging and banging with the crew!

Time for a protein drink!

Size BIGGER!


1 comment: