Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Thursday, October 22, 2009

9 days out from competition - 0 carb day #3

6:30am weigh-in 200.8

My best friend (the mirror) says… F N A… so tight, so dry…. It’s almost effortless just to flex to see my abdominals, my skins is so tight.

This is exactly where I want to be at 9 days out... I am flat having no carbs, but as you all know that can change in 36 hours

Day 2 of no carbohydrates was a lot better the day 1 and my stomach wasn’t trying to eat me alive… and in just 2 days, I lost the 3 pounds of carb weight I put on over the weekend and then some…

Legs work out was solo last night which worked out perfectly. Because I trained my legs in reverse, starting with calves, then went back and forth between leg curls and leg extension, I was really squeezing everything as hard as I could to bring out the cuts.

I have to say this is the best I’ve every seen my legs at any weight.
I did do a few set of hacks, but I didn’t want to have such a pump that I would lose all feeling to flex my quads.

I did a lot of stretching and flexing in the beginning and in between any set that I didn’t jump onto another machine right away, which was what I was doing most of the time, not resting in between set, but just jumping from one machine to the next, just to keep the blood flowing through the legs

Everything is working out according to plan. I’ll most likely drop down below 198 before I start to carb up 36 hours out… but we shall see

Time for a protein drink

3 comments:

  1. When the going gets tough, the tough kick ass! Kick ass baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rob,

    Best of luck on your upcoming competition! It sounds like you're doing awesome with your preparation.

    I'm loving your blog, it's interesting to hear all the science behind weight loss and muscle building, and hear how someone is putting it to work. I also appreciate the articles you ocassionally post. Very informative and helpful.

    Question, since you seem to know what you're talking about. Do you know much about cramps? I have a cramping problem and haven't been able to find someone who can tell me how to fix it.

    When I'm walking uphill (either on a treadmill or hiking up a mountain), I get these killer cramps in my calves that leave me incapable of walking without stretching and sometimes giving them a quick massage. While I'm by no means fit yet, I feel like I'm a hell of a lot fitter than I used to be, but the cramps are just as bad as always. Generally they show up within the first 10 minutes of my walk, and in an hour I'll have to stop at least five times for stretching and a massage. This started after I injured my foot and couldn't walk for 7 months.

    I know you probably need a lot more info for an accurate idea, but any general advice on ways to combat cramps? I often feel like that pain keeps me from getting a good workout, so I figured it was worth asking!

    Thanks,
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Frannie thank you and that is a great question... I will send you an email

    ReplyDelete