Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Is it Monday yet?

I like Monday's especially when it's over and I had a great workout. Its a nice way to kick off the week!


Chest and biceps was the damage last night. I try to never repeat a workout and last night was no different. We started with flat bench. I'm having an elbow issue and its preventing me from some movements and this is usually one of them, but it wasn't feeling too bad, so I took advantage of situation and banged out 5 sets before moving to inclines on the smith machine. I watched a u-tube video not too long ago of Dennis James doing these pause sets at the end. Dennis would bring up the stoppers, so that the bar would rest on them right at the point of the full stretch and when he couldn't do any more reps, he would rest the bar on the stoppers for a second, then do another rep, again and again. Its was a lot harder than he made them look in the video, but I'm always looking for ways to shock the muscle and thats just another way.


After those we hit flies, flats and inclines. I would have liked to end chest with dumbbell pullovers, because I believe this movement is a staple and should be done every week or at very least every other, but because of my elbow being fucked at the moment, I had to pass on that for yet another week. Off came the compression sleeve and we started standing crooked bar curls, then preachers, followed by dumbbell hammers and ended on seated calves


Thats all she wrote today, looking forward to dead lift Wednesday!


p.s. those pictures where taken a few weeks back, Ill try to be more current going forward.


sizeBIGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment