Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Saturday, December 3, 2011

I never miss a scheduled workout

I'm often asked if I take any time off from training after competition. I find I can really get some great muscle gains following a competition. Especially if I was restricting my calories and fats for so long. With all the sugars and good fats and added calories back in, you really get some sick workouts. But if your feeling like taking a day off and missing a workout, cause your so burnt, then you should plan for a week off, it's time for a vacation

I do plan a vacation, at least one, if not, two weeks a year from bang the weights and I think the week leading up to Christmas is a perfect time to take a vacation.

This is also the perfect time to change up the split. I usually run a routine for as long as I can remember, then change it when the time is right

I want to train arms together for a while again. I love having a bicep pump when I'm training Triceps, having a full bicep give the triceps a nice stretch.

Putting Arms together causes us to separate Shoulders to make it work. On Mondays when we hit chest, we will hit front and side Delts with a press and laterals. On Wednesday when we hit Back, then we will do rear Delts and Traps, and on Friday we do Arms and Saturday Legs, which is nice only training Arms the night before you got Legs in the morning

Alex and I hit Natick today for legs. We ran it in reverse, staring with the Donkey machine, (I love that machine!) Then legs curls, dumbbell stiff legs, legs press, hack, ending with extensions

After vacation it will be one week before it's time to get ready for a new year. Alex has his sites set on the Jay Cutler in May. He's going to start dieting early so he can go on vacation 3 weeks out, in Carbo. I like his thinking... treat the first day in Carbo like contest day, get shredded for that day. Then take a week off, enjoy your vacation (in shape), then when you come back, you have two weeks to dry back out again!

I'm thinking about the Arnold Amateur the first week in March, but I'll have a better idea come the first of the year, then it will be the 8 week out from contest and I'm about weeks out right now from contest.

But I don't know, wife has sometime to that weekend, so my son would have to go to my Mom's.. It can be done, it will just need a little juggling.

I guess If my buddy Craig Torres does it and we can drive 12 hours over together, I'd be more tempted
Here we are at the Masters Nationals this year, where we both took 7th place in our class


What I do know is I'm definitely doing the Master National come July... unless of course I do do the Arnold and win! :)

In the mean time, time to grow!

sizeBIGGER





2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of doing rear delta with back. i call that area the "UPPER POSTERIOR TRAIN". It extends from the outside of you're rear delt all the way across you're back, upper and mid trap, and to the opposite rear delt. all these muscles work together in almost every high pull and row movement. training them as a unit, DEF makes sense. Another good tip from ROB.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend, we just did that last night and it worked out nice. We started with traps (barbell shrugs)then into bent-overs ,to start Back, then pull downs, low rows, and reverse grip pull downs and we ended with machine rear delts. I like the pump I got, the whole Back! Next week we are going to add dead lifts back into the mix, which we will start with, then go the same way...

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete