Intensity for immensity - Sickness for Thickness - sizeBIGGER!



Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Good run

Started this year competing at the NPC Masters Nationals in July. Where I stepped on stage at 207 (which should have been 210) and took 7th out of 24, in the over 40 heavyweight class. Up 3 pounds from the last contest 2010 NPC New England's in Oct, where I won the over 45 class and came in 3rd in the open heavyweights.

Then I worked closely with my training partner Alex and helped him prepare for his first contest, the NPC New Hampshire where he stepped on stage at 198 shredded and won his Light heavy weight class and I too jumped into this show, stepping on stage at 220 and not only did I win the overall Masters, I won the overall opens as well, my first time winning a whole show!

The following weekend was the 2011 NPC New England's (much bigger show) this is the show we really wanted to enter from the beginning, the NH was just a warm up. Alex took 3rd out of 14 in his light heavy weight class, he had the biggest class of the show. Awesome job! Big accomplishment for his first big show!


I know I couldn't step on stage at 220, I needed to dry myself out more, which I did and ended up on stage at 216.5, which I won the overall Masters out of 22 Masters total and took 1st in the open heavyweights out of 9, beating last years placings at this show


Alex is planning on the Jay Cutler next May and for me, I'm heading to the National again to try and get my pro card. I'm not sure yet what national show I should do. I may just go for an open non Masters Nationals and give some of these young guys a run for their money (smile)



Now it's back to the basics, back to banging out the weights and growing. As I said when I decided to get back into this sport 2008, it's all about the legs and this year isn't going to be any different!


sizeBIGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment